Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where are we now?

The other night as I lay in bed studying scripture, I went to the book of Nehemiah for a reference. I couldn’t remember the last time I had read it so I went to the first chapter. (read Neh 1)
Here you have one of the tribe of Y’hudah. Dwelling in captivity. When he hears the report from Yerushalayim it is as if the world stops. The beloved city, in ruin. Yah’s people scattered. What about the covenant? Has Yah forgotten His promise?
Obviously He has not forgotten. We see Nehemiah repenting. Remembering the promises given to Moshe.
I began to pray keeping in mind the examples of prayers that we see in scripture. For if we pray in the spirit of the Ruach HaKodesh, we pray not our will but our Fathers. I dreamt that everything around me was getting so incredibly large and I was getting so incredibly small. I really am insignificant in the scheme of all things. The feeling stayed with me for awhile, yet it was not a feeling of fear. As long as He YHWH Elohim is the one getting larger in my life, then I have nothing to fear. For the next day and a half He spoke to my heart of marriage covenant and being a servant. I believe He was speaking of The Feast of Tabernacles.
So where are we now?
1. Are we in the land?
2. Are we keeping His commandments, statutes and ordinances?
3. Have we and our fathers turned against Him and played the harlot?
Nehemiah repented of all these things. But then he did exactly what is written in verse 9 and YHWH does the rest.
We are commanded to keep Sukkot. But according to whose rules? Are we not a bride forsaken? Living in captivity?
The House of Y’israel is scattered among the nations. Pagan rituals, witchcraft, pride, self serving, idol worship, doctrines and prejudices. Are these the garments of a bride purified by the blood of The Lamb.

Jer 31:9 “With weeping they shall come, and with their prayers I bring them. I shall make them walk by rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they do not stumble. For I shall be a Father to Yisraʼĕl, and Ephrayim – he is My first-born.
Jer 31:10 “Hear the word of יהוה, O gentiles, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, ‘He who scattered Yisraʼĕl gathers him, and shall guard him as a shepherd his flock.ʼ
Jer 31:11 “For יהוה shall ransom Yaʽaqoḇ, and redeem him from the hand of one stronger than he.
Jer 31:12 “And they shall come in and shall sing on the height of Tsiyon, and stream to the goodness of יהוה, for grain and for new wine and for oil, and for the young of the flock and the herd. And their being shall be like a well-watered garden, and never languish again.
Jer 31:13 “Then shall a maiden rejoice in a dance, and young men and old, together. And I shall turn their mourning to joy, and shall comfort them, and shall make them rejoice from their sorrow,
Jer 31:14 and shall fill the being of the priests with fatness. And My people shall be satisfied with My goodness,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:15 Thus said יהוה, “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing, bitter weeping, Raḥĕl weeping for her children, refusing to be comforted for her children, because they are no more.”
Jer 31:16 Thus said יהוה, “Hold back your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for there is a reward for your work,” declares יהוה, “and they shall return from the land of the enemy.
Jer 31:17 “And there is expectancy for your latter end,” declares יהוה, “and your children shall return to their own country.
Jer 31:18 “I have clearly heard Ephrayim lamenting, ‘You have chastised me, and I was chastised, like an untrained calf. Turn me back, and I shall turn back, for You are יהוה my Elohim.
Jer 31:19 ‘For after my turning back, I repented. And after I was instructed, I struck myself on the thigh. I was ashamed, even humiliated, for I bore the reproach of my youth.ʼ
Jer 31:20 “Is Ephrayim a precious son to Me, a child of delights? For though I spoke against him, I still remembered him. That is why My affections were deeply moved for him. I have great compassion for him,” declares יהוה.
Jer 31:21 “Set up signposts, make landmarks; set your heart toward the highway, the way in which you went. Turn back, O maiden of Yisraʼĕl, turn back to these cities of yours!
Jer 31:22 “Till when would you turn here and there, O backsliding daughter? For יהוה has created what is new on earth: a woman encompasses a man!”
Jer 31:23 Thus said יהוה of hosts, the Elohim of Yisraʼĕl, “Let them once again say this word in the land of Yehuḏah and in its cities, when I turn back their captivity, ‘יהוה bless you, O home of righteousness, mountain of set-apartness!ʼ

We must turn from all these things that defile us and then take up the tools and rebuild the walls, with our swords by our side ready to give a witness to the salvation of YHWH. For He is our strength and our song. He is our joy and deliverance. He is our beloved, the one who we adore and long for. We must awake from our slumber whatever the time may be. For each one of us, our days are limited on this earth. On this topic one last question. When we look in the sky, is it with anticipation and longing for our Messiah?

No comments: