Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Clean or Unclean?

A few Sabbaths ago someone asked me about my take on "the food laws". I replied that it doesn't matter what I think, let's see what the scriptures say. First of all though I will say that THE TORAH HAS NOT BEEN DONE AWAY WITH! This is a doctrine of men and as it says.
2nd Peter 3:15-16 And account that the long suffering of YHWH is salvation- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you. As also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also to the rest of scripture.
Even in the days of the first believers there were those who created doctrines of men. Most of these "teachings" regarding food come from Acts chapter 10. Unless you were reading the "we are the world" translation it should be easy to see the context here. (My next writing will be on what I term "One verse wonders, precept by precept."). YOU HAVE TO READ SCRIPTURE IN CONTEXT BY READING WHAT SURROUNDS THE VERSE TO GET AN IDEA OF WHAT IS BEING SAID!
Acts 10:11-15 and he saw heaven being opened and a kind of garment being held by four corners and it was like a great linen cloth. And it was descending from heaven to earth. and there were in it all four footed animals and creeping things the earth and birds of heaven.
and a voice came to him and said "arise Shim'om kill and eat", and Shim'on said never my Adon, because I have never eaten anything that is defiled or unclean.
and again a second time a voice came to him, That which Eloah has cleansed do not regard as defiled.
In the next few verses it says that Shim'on (Peter) "wondered at this vision" and "he meditated on this vision". Also notice the response to Peter. "that which Eloah has cleansed do not regard as defiled. Nowhere does it say that you may eat whatever pleases you. So we know that Peter sought from YHWH a meaning for this vision. The answer is in
Acts 10:28 but Eloah showed me that I should not say concerning a man that he is unclean or defiled.
And again;
Acts 11:17 If therefore Eloah equally gave the gift to the Goyim who believed on our Adon Yeshua the Messiah like also to us, who was I that I should be able to hinder Eloah? 18 and after hey had heard these words, they became silent and praised Eloah and were saying that doubtless Eloah has also given to the Goyim repentance to life.
These two chapters of scripture are not even remotely about food, they are about Y'hudah and those from among the nations (goyim). Or the lost sheep of the House of Y'israel. I encourage you to read for yourself do not take my word for it. Also read Leviticus chapter 11 as it has not been done away with either. Just in case you have any doubts about the dietary laws being done away with read Isaiah 65:2-4 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, that walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts. A people that provoke Me to My face continually, that sacrifice in the gardens, an burn incense upon bricks; that sit among the graves, and lodge in the vaults; that EAT SWINE'S FLESH, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels. Still thinking this has been done away with. Then read Isaiah 66:17 They that sanctify themselves and purify themselves to go unto the gardens, behind one in the midst, EATING SWINE'S FLESH, and the detestable things, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, says YHWH. I don't think that YHWH is talking about a pig roast either. I think the saying might be true "you are what you eat". If you think that my comment wasn't very funny, try this. 1 John 1:6 and if we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we are liars and do not walk in truth, 7 but if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Yeshua His Son cleanses us from all our sins.
Shalom, Chris

No comments: