Introduction

To Hear and Obey

In this day and age there are many voices clamoring to be heard. Everyone has an answer and an opinion. But what if there were only one voice to be heard? Only one opinion? I along with other like minded people have been seeking, knocking and asking. For a surety there are two voices speaking in the world today. One voice is saying "take your life in your own hands as you see your own needs". The other voice is saying "give up your life, follow me, give me control of your life". The first voice mentioned here seems to be the most popular. So the obvious decision here is to hear the second voice "give up your life" and go with the minority. For with this voice if we follow will lead to a very narrow road. This road is not the scenic route either. Most maps will tell you that it doesn't even exist. In fact if you travel this path everyone around you will do everything in their power to get you off of it. I sincerely hope you have already made a decision to take this road, and since so few choose it may we see each other often in the fellowship on it. If you have not made this decision I pray that you would follow this journey. Shalom, Chris

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yirmeyahu 31:33

Jer 6:16 Thus said יהוה, “Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; and find rest for yourselves. But they said, ‘We do not walk in it.ʼ

Psa 40:8 I have delighted to do Your pleasure, O my Elohim, And Your Torah is within my heart.
Psa 119:35 Make me walk in the path of Your commands, For I have delighted in it.
Psa 119:47 That I might delight myself in Your commands, Which I have loved;
Psa 119:44 That I might guard Your Torah continually, Forever and ever;

For quite a few years now we have been studying the Torah. To think that men would do away with it and teach others to do so. But I think that it is impossible for men to actually do away with it for it is The Word of YHWH.
Men tend to look at it as "a bunch of laws" and don't want to be under a burden. I think it is a burden only when men refuse to obey them.
When we first began to read the cycle of the Torah portions we began to see it as "instructions for living".
The next few times were reminders to keep the things therein but also to do the things that had been to hard for us before.
We also found that you must read the Torah for yourselves, as men have added unto The Word of YHWH.

So to sum up the first few years it would be this, We are to obey YHWH, in fact the things He has commanded us are not to hard and they should be common sense to us now.
So here is the question. What should we be seeing in the Torah now that we believe His commandments and do them? My answer would be "The Mashiach"!
He is the one who delights to do everything that is the Fathers will.

Psa 40:7 Then I said, “See, I have come; In the scroll of the Book it is prescribed for me.
Psa 40:8 I have delighted to do Your pleasure, O my Elohim, And Your Torah is within my heart.
Psa 40:9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness, In the great assembly; See, I do not restrain my lips, O יהוה, You know.

In the book of Deuteronomy we see the point of all that was said to the children of Y'srael in the wilderness.

Deu 10:16 “And you shall circumcise the foreskin of your heart, and harden your neck no more.
Deu 30:6 “And יהוה your Elohim shall circumcise your heart and the heart of your seed, to love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart and with all your being, so that you might live,

The circumcision of the flesh is the outward sign of obedience, marking you as His. The circumcision of the heart is the inward sign. It is what YHWH is looking for to see that someone is His. Hence a greater understanding of what it was that was found in Noach, Moshe, Ruth and Ester(see study on grace/beauty).
It is a response from us to Him that we obey Him because we love Him. To be disobedient would do nothing less than to break His heart and deny our Elohim. He is not looking for someone to go through the motions, for that person will leave when they find something better. Rather He desires our complete affection and our time, the obedience is actually a result of our love for Him. Could anything less lead The Mashiach to His death? Brothers and sisters we have a great Elohim who by example loves us with a great love and wants to deliver us to The Father. As the scripture says,

1Co 2:9 But as it has been written, “Eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, nor have entered into the heart of man what Elohim has prepared for those who love Him.
Isa 64:4 Since the beginning of the ages they have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any Elohim besides You, who acts for those who wait for Him.

Is there more discussion as to wether or not we will obey Him? Is the Torah only there to turn us back to Him because we are stiffnecked and want our own way? Rather it is our delight and our pleasure to do His will. so I will end with these verses of scripture and say that there is a whole lot more the scripture has to say of this subject or even to say that this is what the scriptures are all about.

Jer 7:23 “But this word I did command them, saying, ‘Obey My voice,1 and I shall be your Elohim, and you be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, so that it be well with you.
Jer 7:26 “But they did not obey Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck. They did evil, more than their fathers.
Jer 9:25 “See, the days are coming,” declares יהוה, “when I shall punish all them are circumcised in their uncircumcision
Jer 31:33 “For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisraʼĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does it seem so hard for people to get this? Great post

Succot said...

Really enjoyed and appreciated this post. Yahweh bless you. :)